The Kelly Lake Advancement Association has worked hard for the past 7 years to control the health of our lake. Some of the weed pulling has been done by an outside company, whom we paid with DNR grants at a rate of $2,000-$2,500 a day. Due to our success, we are no longer ‘needy enough’ to qualify for DNR grants to help control milfoil.
There is not a sustainable plan where we can continue to pay for outsourcing this service, especially with no grant money. Our plan is to build our own DASH (Diver Assisted Suction Harvesting) system. We are very fortunate that a pontoon was donated to the Association for this use. We now need to retrofit the boat. The labor to complete this has also been donated! We are estimating a need of approximately $6,000 for parts. This will pay for itself in a very short amount of time.
This is our lake. Without constant vigilance, the water quality will deteriorate to a point where no one can enjoy the water. Please donate to help keep our lake clean and your property values high!
Please mail donations, payable to the Kelly Lake Advancement Association, to the KLAA Treasurer, Mike Dorman @ 672 Clarendon Ln., Aurora, IL 60504.
You can also donate using Venmo. If you don’t currently have a Venmo account, here are the steps:
· Download the Venmo App on your phone and create an account/password. Verify your phone number or email address.
· Connect your bank account: Click on the menu icon ___ (upper left corner 3 lines)
1. Click: Settings
2. Click: Payment methods
3. Click: Add bank or card (When adding your bank, you will need your account number and routing number.) There is no fee.
· To make a payment:
1. Click the pencil$ symbol at the upper right corner
2. Type in the Kelly Lake user name: Kelly-Lake-10
3. Type in the amount: ($50 for example)
4. Add the description: (i.e., Dues, donation)
5. Click pay
6. Click pay again (in green)
For questions about this project, please call KLAA President Ken Darby at 630-962-7429.
Get more information about the AIS (Aquatic Invasive Species) on the right column.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.